Sunday, June 9, 2013

Waldorf Inspired Doll

I've been reading a lot about Waldorf dolls lately. They are super sweet, made with all natural materials (cotton for the body, wool for the stuffing, wool yarn for the hair etc).

I remember having cloth dolls growing up, and loving them to bits. So I found a pattern online, tried my hand at it and here's the little miss I ended up making





I also made her a sweet pair of skirtie overalls with some super soft hand-dyed yarn.  She still needs some boots / shoes. She stands approximately 18" tall, and is the perfect size for a toddler to cuddle. My little one loves her, so that makes me happy :)

Based on the feedback I have had for this doll, I will be offering two versions of this doll in my shop for custom orders -
- a deluxe model made with entirely natural materials (cotton for the 'skin', wool yarn for the hair, and clean carded wool for the stuffing)
- a regular model made with a combination of materials (cotton for the 'skin', acrylic/cotton yarn for the hair, and polyfil for the stuffing)
Both models will come with a pair of knitted skirtie overalls, undies, and felt shoes.

That's it from me today!


No comments:

Post a Comment